American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act of assorting; separation into classes.
- n. A collection of various kinds; a variety.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of assorting or distributing into sorts, kinds, or classes, or of selecting and suiting.
- n. A collection of things assorted: as, an assortment of goods; “an assortment of paintings,”
- n. A class or group into which objects are assorted.
- n. A collection of varying but related items.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Act of assorting, or distributing into sorts, kinds, or classes.
- n. A collection or quantity of things distributed into kinds or sorts; a number of things assorted.
- n. A collection containing a variety of sorts or kinds adapted to various wants, demands, or purposes.
- n. the act of distributing things into classes or categories of the same type
- n. a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
“This eclectic assortment is characteristic of all the household purchasers, with the exception of Hester Smit from the neighboring Halve Dorschvloer.”
“Speaking of casting ballots ... voting for The Twelve Babes of Christmas assortment is underway, and I totally didn't notice.”
“We are building the right mix of stores, Bay, Zellers, Home Outfitters by market to ensure the full HBC assortment is in place, in the proper proportion, a shopping solution by market.”
“Despite weak fourth-quarter results, the chain made significant operational improvements in 2008, would expand its private label assortment with three new in-house A/V brands, and would introduce a new ad campaign in July that leveraged RadioShack's heritage while "clarifying its positioning" in the marketplace, Day said.”
“The assortment is a perfect combination of our aesthetics.”
“But in doing so, the brand neglected its tops assortment, which is a big driver of sales.”
“His only recourse: Take down both corporations, with the help of a ragtag assortment of unusually talented junkyard misfits.”
“The engineers stared at the ragtag assortment of parts and then immediately got to work and came up with a unique design using plastic bags, cardboard, and duct tape to save the astronauts.”
“Through a series of mishaps, Mr. Furious, The Blue Raja, and The Shoveler team up with a ragtag assortment of other heroes to become the Mystery Men.”
“Its few opponents -- like Saddam, Kaddafi and Castro -- are a ragtag assortment of despots who preside precariously over their impoverished lands.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘assortment’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words synonymous with 'group.'
Have I made this list before? Has someone else collected these words together? I can't remember, so I'm just going to start storing some things here.
my words. my mind. my gosh.
try not to enjoy it too much.
Looking for tweets for assortment.