from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A miscellaneous collection of different things; a miscellany.
- n. Plural form of miscellaneum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. A collection of miscellaneous matters; matters of various kinds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A collection of miscellaneous matters of any kind; specifically, a collection of miscellaneous literary compositions; miscellanies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
Latin miscellānea, from neuter pl. of miscellāneus, miscellaneous; see miscellaneous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin miscellus ("mixed"), from misceō ("to mix"). (Wiktionary)