from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A miscellaneous collection; a hodgepodge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A collection containing a variety of miscellaneous things
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A miscellaneous collection of things or persons; a confused mixture; a medley; a hodgepodge.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A miscellaneous collection of things or persons; a confused mixture or medley.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a motley assortment of things
Latin omnium, genitive pl. of omnis, all; see op- in Indo-European roots + gatherum (mock-Latinate alteration of gather).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)