from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An assortment or a medley; a conglomeration: "their special farrago of resentments” ( William Safire).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A collection containing a confused variety of miscellaneous things.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mass composed of various materials confusedly mixed; a medley; a mixture.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mass composed of various materials confusedly mixed; a medley; a hodgepodge.
- n. Synonyms See mixture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a motley assortment of things
Latin farrāgō, mixed fodder, hodgepodge, from far, farr-, a kind of grain; see bhares- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin farrāgo ("mixed fodder; mixture, hodgepodge"), from far ("spelt (a kind of wheat), coarse meal, grits"). (Wiktionary)