from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of precisely formulating a statement, as a code of laws.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of codifying or reducing laws to a code.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of reducing to a code or system; especially, in law, the reducing of unwritten or case law to statutory form.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a set of rules or principles or laws (especially written ones)
- n. the act of codifying; arranging in a systematic order
Sorry, no etymologies found.