from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of rationalization.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. etc. See rationalization, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cognitive process of making something seem consistent with or based on reason
- n. systematic organization; the act of organizing something according to a system or a rationale
- n. (mathematics) the simplification of an expression or equation by eliminating radicals without changing the value of the expression or the roots of the equation
- n. (psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your true motivation is concealed by explaining your actions and feelings in a way that is not threatening
- n. the organization of a business according to scientific principles of management in order to increase efficiency
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I badly need to get my head back onto remunerative matters so a Stalinist rationalisation is due shortly
"Cambridge is still a relatively buoyant market and Edinburgh House offers high specification space that would suit a number of biotech or medtech companies, it also provides us with the opportunity of more longer term rationalisation of the building and the generous site on which it sits."
And of course, with the coalition eager to give newspapers access to local TV and anxious to take a more relaxed view of local monopolies, there's scope for contraction aka rationalisation.
Phillippe – actually, this sort of consolidation is happening now through the website reviews aka rationalisation and convergence led by @digigov.
To the victor go 'the spoils', and such including 'interpretation' oft as 'rationalisation' - and of also as complete 'fabrication' - as Orwell wrote.
This reading of the film is, of course, just as much a projection, a rationalisation which is ultimately unneccessary and reductive.
Could it be that they naturally lead to this kind of rationalisation?
It's old worn and tired sophistry, and has been the standard 'rationalisation' for quite some time with apologists for the anti-evolutionary view.
Anth, looks up 'rationalisation' and 'special pleading'.
A Ministry of Justice spokesman said the "rationalisation" of its estate would bring "substantial future savings".
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.