from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or practice of cooperating.
- n. The association of persons or businesses for common, usually economic, benefit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of cooperating or being cooperative.
- n. Active help from a person, organization, et cetera.
- n. An orderly sharing of space or resources.
- n. Association for mutual benefit, such as for purposes of production or purchase.
1620–30, from Middle French cooperation, from Late Latin cooperatio (Wiktionary)