from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of pleading or arguing in favor of something, such as a cause, idea, or policy; active support.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the profession of an advocate
- n. the act of arguing in favour of, or supporting something
- n. the practice of supporting someone to make their voice heard
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of pleading for or supporting; work of advocating; intercession.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of pleading for, supporting, or recommending; active espousal.
- n. A lawsuit; a plea or pleading: as, “advocacies newe,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. active support of an idea or cause etc.; especially the act of pleading or arguing for something
Sorry, no etymologies found.