American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Consideration of a subject by a group; an earnest conversation.
- n. A formal discourse on a topic; an exposition.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of breaking up or dispersing; dispersion, as of a swelling or an effusion.
- n. Debate; disquisition; the agitation of a point or subject with a view to elicit truth or gain a cause; argument about something.
- n. In civil law, the act of exhausting legal proceedings against a debtor or his property before proceeding against the property of a person secondarily liable for the debt.
- n. Conversation or debate concerning a particular topic.
- n. Text giving further detail on a subject.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. archaic The act or process of discussing by breaking up, or dispersing, as a tumor, or the like.
- n. The act of discussing or exchanging reasons; examination by argument; debate; disputation; agitation.
- n. an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
- n. an exchange of views on some topic
- From Old French discussion. (Wiktionary)
“Last time I checked, FORTY YEARS in discussion is a pretty long time, yea man, it really is, wipe that astonished look off your face.”
“The reason I engaged Abb1 in discussion, is that he is also engaged.”
“I did kind of allude to the whole Warboy thing in the title discussion?”
“Thinking about the whole thing today it seems to me that much of the medical discussion is code for underlying social and moral beliefs.”
“Managing the client relationship, while promoting discussion is high risk wire act. until the value in discussion can be quantified.”
“Once you realize that a co-participant in discussion is not participating in good faith, but rather is promoting a particular agenda, you begin to anticipate the position of the ideologue before he speaks it.”
“When the ideologue satisfies your prediction, dismissal may be an all too easy response, since engaging in discussion is likely to end only in both sides repeating their viewpoints ad infinitum.”
“This general participation in discussion is unquestionably more in keeping with the independence and equality of states than was the previous procedure.”
“The women are also into the title discussion, and are currently ranked second behind 2009 champion Texas A&M.”
“Boise State never seriously entered the title discussion despite the fact the Broncos were technically the most dominant team of all.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘discussion’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Very basic words for ESL students.
A meeting of minds and emotions and fists
bulletin board abcs
Looking for tweets for discussion.