from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Consideration of a subject by a group; an earnest conversation.
- n. A formal discourse on a topic; an exposition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Conversation or debate concerning a particular topic.
- n. Text giving further detail on a subject.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of discussing by breaking up, or dispersing, as a tumor, or the like.
- n. The act of discussing or exchanging reasons; examination by argument; debate; disputation; agitation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of breaking up or dispersing; dispersion, as of a swelling or an effusion.
- n. Debate; disquisition; the agitation of a point or subject with a view to elicit truth or gain a cause; argument about something.
- n. In civil law, the act of exhausting legal proceedings against a debtor or his property before proceeding against the property of a person secondarily liable for the debt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
- n. an exchange of views on some topic
From Old French discussion. (Wiktionary)