from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A scholarly piece of writing of essay or book length on a specific, often limited subject.
- transitive v. To write a monograph on.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A scholarly book or a treatise on a single subject or a group of related subjects, usually written by one person.
- v. To write a monograph on (a subject).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A written account or description of a single thing, or class of things; a special treatise on a particular subject of limited range.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An account or description of a single thing or class of things; a treatise on a single subject or a single department, division, or detail of a branch of study.
- To write or produce a monograph on; treat in a monograph.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a detailed and documented treatise on a particular subject
mono- (“one”) + -graph (“write”) (Wiktionary)