from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of consulting.
- n. A conference at which advice is given or views are exchanged.
- n. A meeting between physicians to discuss the diagnosis or treatment of a case.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of consulting
- n. a conference for the exchange of information and advice
- n. An appointment or meeting with a professional person, such as a doctor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of consulting or conferring; deliberation of two or more persons on some matter, with a view to a decision.
- n. A council or conference, as of physicians, held to consider a special case, or of lawyers restained in a cause.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of consulting; deliberation of two or more persons with a view to some decision; especially, a deliberation in which one party acts as adviser to the other.
- n. A meeting of persons to consult together; specifically, a meeting of experts, as physicians or counsel, to confer about a specific case.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a conference (usually with someone important)
- n. a conference between two or more people to consider a particular question
- n. the act of referring or consulting
Sorry, no etymologies found.