from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of giving instructions or preparatory information to someone.
- n. A meeting at which such information is presented.
- n. The information conveyed at such a meeting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A short and concise summary of a situation.
- n. A presentation of information or instruction; the meeting at which it is presented.
- v. Present participle of brief.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. giving detailed instructions, as for a military operation.
- n. a detailed set of instructions before an operation, given to those who are to execute it.
- n. a summary report of an operation or event after it has occurred, by a participant or observer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. detailed instructions, as for a military operation
Sorry, no etymologies found.