from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A light coming from the side.
- n. Nautical Either of two lights, red to port, green to starboard, shown by ships at night.
- n. A piece of incidental or contrasting information.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A light found at the side of something; especially of a vehicle.
- n. A window found at one or both sides of a door.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. light carried by a boat that indicates the boat's direction; vessels at night carry a red light on the port bow and a green light on the starboard bow
Sorry, no etymologies found.