from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of notifying.
- n. Something, such as a letter, by which notice is given.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of notifying.
- n. A specific piece of information that serves to notify.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of notifying, or giving notice; the act of making known; especially, the act of giving official notice or information to the public or to individuals, corporations, companies, or societies, by words, by writing, or by other means.
- n. Notice given in words or writing, or by signs.
- n. The writing which communicates information; an advertisement, or citation, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of notifying or giving notice; the act of making known, publishing, or proclaiming.
- n. Specifically, the act of giving official notice or information by writing, or by other means: as, the notification must take place in three days.
- n. Notice given in words or writing, or by signs; intimation.
- n. The writing which communicates information; an advertisement, citation, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a request for payment
- n. an accusation of crime made by a grand jury on its own initiative
- n. informing by words
Sorry, no etymologies found.