from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of notifying.
- n. Something, such as a letter, by which notice is given.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of notifying.
- n. A specific piece of information that serves to notify.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of notifying, or giving notice; the act of making known; especially, the act of giving official notice or information to the public or to individuals, corporations, companies, or societies, by words, by writing, or by other means.
- n. Notice given in words or writing, or by signs.
- n. The writing which communicates information; an advertisement, or citation, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of notifying or giving notice; the act of making known, publishing, or proclaiming.
- n. Specifically, the act of giving official notice or information by writing, or by other means: as, the notification must take place in three days.
- n. Notice given in words or writing, or by signs; intimation.
- n. The writing which communicates information; an advertisement, citation, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a request for payment
- n. an accusation of crime made by a grand jury on its own initiative
- n. informing by words
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Also, we hereby state, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that we are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive rights being infringed as set forth in this notification.
The DMCA allows copyright owners to file a "takedown notice" with a service provider such as YouTube, provided that the copyright owner swears under penalty of perjury that he or she owns the copyright in question ( "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner of an exclusive right that is infringed").
The quickest process for blocking an app I've found is this: when you see a notification from the app in your News Feed, click on the app name (or "throw one back!" or whatever -- any link that takes you into the app), then in the following "allow this app?" page, click the app name again to go to the app's home page in a new window.
Update: Bylsma writes to say that retailers received an automated notification from the distributor, and that his Diamond representative apologized for the publisher not being directly informed of the cancellation.
One of the big disadvantages of the notification is that it is very difficult to do anything with them.
Wednesday, Ms. Whitman said she never received any notification from the government that would have alerted her to the woman's status.
Presence of a data breach notification is further evidence of presumptive breach, which should be enforceable through ordinary remedies for contract rights.
I have received formal notification from the Director of the Naval Special Warfare Archives that the claims made by Mr. JOHN TAYLOR are absolutely and unequivocally FALSE – specifically his claims of being "the only living WWII Navy Seal Officer, and the youngest Navy Officer on active duty during WWII".
The conscious decision by Monster. com management to do nothing in terms of direct notification is without question inexcusable.
All winners will be posted on the ACPI website, and shall receive an official email notification from the ACPI.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.