American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or an instance of notifying.
- n. Something, such as a letter, by which notice is given.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of notifying or giving notice; the act of making known, publishing, or proclaiming.
- n. Specifically, the act of giving official notice or information by writing, or by other means: as, the notification must take place in three days.
- n. Notice given in words or writing, or by signs; intimation.
- n. The writing which communicates information; an advertisement, citation, etc.
- n. uncountable The act of notifying.
- n. countable A specific piece of information that serves to notify.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of notifying, or giving notice; the act of making known; especially, the act of giving official notice or information to the public or to individuals, corporations, companies, or societies, by words, by writing, or by other means.
- n. Notice given in words or writing, or by signs.
- n. The writing which communicates information; an advertisement, or citation, etc.
- n. a request for payment
- n. an accusation of crime made by a grand jury on its own initiative
- n. informing by words
“Also, we hereby state, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that we are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive rights being infringed as set forth in this notification.”
“The DMCA allows copyright owners to file a "takedown notice" with a service provider such as YouTube, provided that the copyright owner swears under penalty of perjury that he or she owns the copyright in question ( "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner of an exclusive right that is infringed").”
“The quickest process for blocking an app I've found is this: when you see a notification from the app in your News Feed, click on the app name (or "throw one back!" or whatever -- any link that takes you into the app), then in the following "allow this app?" page, click the app name again to go to the app's home page in a new window.”
“Update: Bylsma writes to say that retailers received an automated notification from the distributor, and that his Diamond representative apologized for the publisher not being directly informed of the cancellation.”
“One of the big disadvantages of the notification is that it is very difficult to do anything with them.”
“Wednesday, Ms. Whitman said she never received any notification from the government that would have alerted her to the woman's status.”
“Presence of a data breach notification is further evidence of presumptive breach, which should be enforceable through ordinary remedies for contract rights.”
“I have received formal notification from the Director of the Naval Special Warfare Archives that the claims made by Mr. JOHN TAYLOR are absolutely and unequivocally FALSE – specifically his claims of being "the only living WWII Navy Seal Officer, and the youngest Navy Officer on active duty during WWII".”
“The conscious decision by Monster. com management to do nothing in terms of direct notification is without question inexcusable.”
“All winners will be posted on the ACPI website, and shall receive an official email notification from the ACPI.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘notification’.
Blair House Agree..., Generalised Syste..., third-country mar..., transition period, blue box, blue box measures, GATT, TRIPS, C sugar, Everything But Ar..., WTO-compatible ag..., export refund and 176 more...
admissible, absolute grounds ..., abstract, acquisition of th..., action for revoca..., admissibility of ..., acceptable, allowable, appeal to a court, appellant, applicant, application and 338 more...
random webdev lingo used primarily in computer programming.
( open list, randomness, technical jargon, geek speak )
ajax, user, admin, frontend, backend, database, sql, protocol, call, dom, layout, ui and 440 more...
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Terms used in the EU's environmental policy referring to the Seveso III. directive.
HU translations: European Universi..., dangerous substances, tiered approach, classification sy..., toxic, exposure routes, oral exposure, dermal exposure, exposure by inhal..., CLP Regulation, package of correc..., delegated acts and 51 more...
customhouse, baseline scenario, border enforcement, counterfeiting, copyright, relate..., Customs 2013 WG, customs authorities, customs supervision, disaggregated con..., design, detained goods, dispatch and 21 more...
Looking for tweets for notification.