American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Factual information, especially information organized for analysis or used to reason or make decisions.
- n. Computer Science Numerical or other information represented in a form suitable for processing by computer.
- n. Values derived from scientific experiments.
- n. Plural of datum.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Plural of datum.
- n. Plural form of datum: pieces of information.
- n. uncountable, collectively information.
- n. A collection of object-units that are distinct from one another.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. See datum.
- n. a collection of facts, observations, or other information related to a particular question or problem.
- n. (Computers) information, most commonly in the form of series of binary digits, stored on a physical storage medium for manipulation by a computer program. It is contrasted with the
programwhich is a series of instructions used by the central processing unit of a computer to manipulate the data. In some conputers dataand execuatble programs are stored in separate locations.
- n. a collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn
- From Latin data, plural of datum (‘that is given’), neuter past participle of dare (‘to give’). (Wiktionary)
- Latin, pl. of datum; see datum. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Search the world's government data• Our world government data gateway”
“World government data• Search the world's government data with our gateway”
“New data, now including AV+, shows how the election results would look different under proportional representation• Get the data• Full general election 2010 results”
“Wireless trade group, CTIA, said in a statement that their members can track their minutes and data usage by typing in key words like * min and #data into their phones.”
“Development and aid data• Search the world's global development data with our gateway”
“Sense-data at the times when they are data are all that we directly and primitively know of the external world; hence in epistemology the fact that they are _data_ is all-important.”
“Even the dates of MSS., which in all such cases must be regarded as the primary data, are very rarely _data_ at all, but only (to coin, or rather adapt, a much-needed term) _speculata_.”
“So, in other words, the data you see in the paper * are all of the data* save for a second grade computation ... which was probably performed by Excel.”
“I changed the owner: group to will: will on data chown - R will: will/data but when I try and access it I get a permission denied will@node:/data$ ls ls: cannot open directory.”
“Can someome help me I'm trying to create mutiple csv files from data I have imported into powershell I have tried Export-csv C: \data. csv but it; s only giving one file with all the data.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘data’.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
The most frequent words in the titles of mathematical books and journals (www.sciencedirect.com)
nonparametric, nonparametric sta..., multivariate anal..., partial different..., multivariate, topology, stochastic, differential equa..., linear algebra, harmonic analysis, applied mathematics, combinatorial and 205 more...
Use these and get promoted
as enshrined in the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Group some most said words related to software development
Your Favorite Words Pertaining to Science.
Nouns that are common in plural form but are non-existent or rarely used in singular form.
My big word list.
Looking for tweets for data.