from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. gender
- abbr. general, generally
- abbr. generation
- abbr. genitive
- abbr. genus
- n. information
- n. Fanfiction that does not specifically focus on romance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete variant of gin.
- n. An abbreviation of Genesis; General (as a title).
- n. An abbreviation of general; genitive.
- n. A terminal element in words from or made after the Latin or Greek, meaning primarily ‘produce,’ and taken either passively, ‘born,’ ‘produced,’ as in acrogen, endogen, exogen, etc., that which is produced or grows at the top, from within, from without, etc., or actively, ‘producing,’ ‘serving to produce,’ as in hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, etc., that which produces or serves to produce water, acid, nitric acid, etc. The corresponding adjective is in -genic or -genous, and the abstract noun, if any, is in -geny.
- n. An abbreviation of Geneva or Genevan.
- n. An abbreviation of gender; of genera; of generally; of generic; of genus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. informal term for information
Sorry, no etymologies found.