American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A harmless cyst, especially on the scalp or face, containing the fatty secretion of a sebaceous gland.
- n. Variant of wynn.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A runic symbol used in Anglo-Saxon up to about 1300 a.d. to represent the w-sound.
- n. A current silver coin of Korea, equivalent to 40 United States cents.
- n. A circumscribed benign tumor of moderate size, occurring on any part of the body, but especially on the scalp, consisting of a well-defined sac inclosing sebaceous matter.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) An indolent, encysted tumor of the skin; especially, a sebaceous cyst.
- n. a common cyst of the skin; filled with fatty matter (sebum) that is secreted by a sebaceous gland that has been blocked
- From Old English wynn (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Old English; see wen-2 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“But it getz betur wen happikat’s happi iz rezzurek….rezareq….resoreq…..wen it kumz bak an Seelin Kat maekz teh cheezburgrz rayn frum teh skai.”
“Hunter on Dec 4, 2008 wen is this movie goin to be released?”
“Pleez tu wait tu make dem fone calls wen nawt in bafrums.”
“July 16, 2008 at 5:23 pm oh sounz like a wunnerful kitteh an ai likes her name wen da mamakitty wuz liddel ai named her LeMieux (like the hockey player) but after her had her bebbehs (an it wuzznt tew long) den her became teh mamakitty…..”
“i say, wen is it shele-ing, haba!! mo'fe je ricey jor o, lolllll”
“The udder day ai swear ai herd my GPS flip a coin wen ai stawped at uh 3-way intersekshun wif “teh hood” toward teh left, adn an outdoor Jonas Bros concert being held toward teh rite.”
“June 16, 2009 at 5:37 pm an ai hazznt been round tew muchly……….ai iz gilty ob playin on facebook ai got 2 year old rescue kitty after mamakitty went ober teh bridge in january an jus a week ago got mai 3 munf old somali kitteh, cayenne. if yew click on mai name wen yew gets a change ai haz a cuppla short bideos of her on mai profyle”
“Ai actually izent Czech…mah brudders gav meh teh nickname wen ai wuz 2 young 2 complain.”
“But den agin, wen a kat is sick it usally hieds it.”
“August 2, 2008 at 1:50 pm mai favrit is to kall tehre name wen tehyre chasin teh invisibull monsters down teh halls and thru teh howse. tehn tehy get distrackted and run into teh wallz… ore chares… or tehmselves…”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘wen’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
See also Things that taste better than they smell.
A list of words that WWF recognizes as valid - most are unusual words; some are simply high-scoring.
3 letter words, not the girl band.
boggle and speed scrabble would not be half as fun without them.
The liner notes that accompany Papa San's dancehall album God & i include this thoughtful list of Jamaican-to-American translations, to aid in understanding what the heck he's saying in each song.
Words taken from Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.
Words to remember from DFW's "Infinite Jest"
Words rounded up while reading The Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain.
Words That Make Sense in Reverse Too! Bad news for a dyslexic, 'cause s/he's got no clue if s/he read the word correctly or not, as opposed to a palindrome (i.e., no mistake possible, cf. "Dyslexic...
Looking for tweets for wen.