from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small inflamed elevation of the skin that is filled with pus; a pimple.
- n. A small swelling similar to a blister or pimple.
- n. Something likened to an inflamed, pus-filled lesion: "a cool glimpse of green between hot pustules of sooty sprawl” ( Nicholas Proffitt).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small accumulation of pus in the epidermis or dermis.
- n. A pimple filled with pus
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A vesicle or an elevation of the cuticle with an inflamed base, containing pus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In medicine, a small inflammatory tumor containing pus; a small pimple containing pus.
- n. In botany, a slight elevation like a pimple or little blister.
- n. In zoology: A small rounded elevation of surface, like a blister; a papule or pimple.
- n. A spot of color larger than a dot, and suggestive of a blister.
- n. One of the swellings produced in the leaves and stems of plants by Cystopus, Synchytrium, and other fungi.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small inflamed elevation of skin containing pus; a blister filled with pus
This paranoid pustule is able to find a liberal conspiracy lurking behind any mundane occurrence, even attributing Obama’s selection as Time’s Person of the Year, an event as predictable as sunrise, to a pay-to-play scheme.
One of the first objects then of this pursuit, as I have observed, should be, to learn how to distinguish with accuracy between that peculiar pustule which is the true cow pock, and that which is spurious.
One of the first objects then of this pursuit, as I have observed, should be, to learn how to distinguish with accuracy between that peculiar pustule which is the true cow-pock, and that which is spurious.
"pustule" had formed and the arm had become infected.
Fuckhead, calling someone a dimwitted fossil is an insult, you ignorant pustule.
Government, both federal and state, should have saved their time if a pustule in the stream of competence such as is the Tea Party can succeed in convincing the public that all law post to the Tenth is illegal and unconstitutional.
But as long as elected Republicans continue to be the conduit by which megacapitalists manipulate the god-fearing, intelligence-hating base, the GOP will continue to be the pustule it's become.
Weedy John keeps being called a walking pustule by everyone, though Joseph Drake's skin seems to be a pimple-free zone.
A single red fire ant can bite and sting numerous times, causing immediate burning and itching; over time, a white pustule will appear at the bite site.
Rove is a hypocritical, entirely partisan, bubbling, pus-filled pustule.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.