from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A swelling or enlarging.
- n. A swollen condition.
- n. A swollen part or organ.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A swelling due to the presence of fluid.
- n. A swollen bodily organ; used especially of erectile tissue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of becoming tumid; the state of being swollen; intumescence; -- applied especially to the state of swelling of the vascular tissue in the male and female sex organs when they have been stimulated to readiness for sexual intercourse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of growing tumid; tumefaction.
- n. A swelling, tumid part, or tumor; an intumescence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tumidity resulting from the presence of blood or other fluid in the tissues
Sorry, no etymologies found.