from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To turn up or over: upturn the soil.
- transitive v. To upset; overturn.
- transitive v. To direct upward: upturned their gaze.
- intransitive v. To turn over or up.
- n. An upward movement, curve, or trend, as in business activity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an upward turn or trend, especially in business activity or profit
- v. to turn (something) up or over
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To turn up; to direct upward; to throw up.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To turn up: as, to upturn the ground in plowing.
- To turn up.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an upward movement or trend as in business activity
up- + turn (Wiktionary)