from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. growing rapidly as a balloon
- adj. rising high in the air
- n. the sport or hobby of flying in a balloon
- v. Present participle of balloon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art or practice of managing balloons or voyaging in them; the sport of riding in balloons.
- n. The process of temporarily raising the value of a stock, as by fictitious sales.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or practice of ascending in and of managing balloons.
- n. In political and stock-exchange slang, the operation of booming a candidate, or of inflating the money-market, by means of fictitious favorable reports.
- n. In a steam-boiler, the lifting of scum on the surface of the water by the liberation of steam from it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. flying in a balloon
Sorry, no etymologies found.