from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. growing rapidly as a balloon
- adj. rising high in the air
- n. the sport or hobby of flying in a balloon
- v. Present participle of balloon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art or practice of managing balloons or voyaging in them; the sport of riding in balloons.
- n. The process of temporarily raising the value of a stock, as by fictitious sales.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or practice of ascending in and of managing balloons.
- n. In political and stock-exchange slang, the operation of booming a candidate, or of inflating the money-market, by means of fictitious favorable reports.
- n. In a steam-boiler, the lifting of scum on the surface of the water by the liberation of steam from it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. flying in a balloon
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Friends said that ballooning is in Abruzzo's blood.
High altitude ballooning is an emerging hobby, since price of GPS and communications equipment has gotten quite low.
If this ballooning is left untreated, it may continue to weaken, burst and bleed into the brain.
We fell near Neath, Glamorganshire, only one and a half miles short of the sea, completing a voyage which is a record in English ballooning -- ten hours from start to finish.
· Cool window title ballooning (song titles will be ballooned when your media player switches to a new song) · Optionally removes the window from the task bar
Clam found that he was not much attracted to the notion of ballooning with Lord Berrybender.
If the abnormally constricted condition of the anal orifice has been growing from bad to worse for years, the locality immediately above the anal canal will become dilated or cavernous (caused by retained feces or gases), which cavity is called ballooning of the rectum.
As a consequence, the feces and gas deposit and lodge at this latter location, producing in so doing the abnormal cavity called ballooning of the rectum, so often found just above the anal tube.
Just half a year after being named to run the world's No. 1 carmaker, Toyoda is confronting the worst crisis in its 70-year history - massive global recalls ballooning to 8.5 million vehicles in a matter of weeks and its once-sterling reputation for quality in tatters.
Half a year later, he's slammed as slow and indecisive as Toyota Motor Corp. grapples with the worst crisis in its 70-year history - massive global recalls ballooning to 8.5 million vehicles in a matter of weeks and its once-sterling reputation for quality in tatters.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.