from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having, or growing in bunches
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Swelling out in bunches.
- adj. Growing in bunches, or resembling a bunch; having tufts.
- adj. Yielding irregularly; sometimes rich, sometimes poor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having or being like a bunch or hunch; having knobs or protuberances: as, “an unshapen bunchy spear,”
- Growing or existing in bunches; having or formed of bunches: as, “his bunchy tail,”
- Specifically In mining, said of a lode when the ore is irregularly distributed through it in small masses or “pockets.”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. occurring close together in bunches or clusters
Sorry, no etymologies found.