from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Action of the verb to tune.
- n. The calibration of a musical instrument to a standard pitch.
- n. The adjustment of a system or circuit to secure optimum performance.
- v. Present participle of tune.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from tune, v.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In electricity, the adjustment of a circuit, as to capacity and inductance, so that electrical oscillations induced in it shall agree in frequency with those in another circuit or circuits.
- n. The act, process, or result of adjusting the intonation of a musical instrument.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (music) calibrating something (an instrument or electronic circuit) to a standard frequency
Sorry, no etymologies found.