from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A removal of excess material from a tree or shrub.
- n. Something obtained by pruning, as a twig.
- n. A method of enumeration that allows the cutting out of parts of a decision tree.
- v. Present participle of prune.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of trimming, or removing what is superfluous.
- n. That which is cast off by bird in pruning her feathers; leavings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of trimming or lopping off what is superfluous; specifically, the act of cutting off branches or parts of trees and shrubs with a view to the strengthening of those that remain, or to the bringing of the tree or plant into a desired shape.
- n. In falconry, what is cast off by a bird when it prunes itself; hence, refuse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of trimming a plant
- n. something that has been pruned off of a plant
Sorry, no etymologies found.