from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling a bulb in shape; rounded or swollen: a bulbous nose; a bulbous stem base.
- adj. Botany Bearing bulbs or growing from a bulb.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the shape of or resembling a bulb, bloated.
- adj. Overweight and round in shape.
- adj. Growing from a bulb or producing bulbs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having or containing bulbs, or a bulb; growing from bulbs; bulblike in shape or structure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Producing or growing from bulbs: as, bulbous plants.
- Pertaining to or resembling a bulb; swelling out; bulb-shaped.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. curving outward
- adj. shaped like a bulb
bulb + -ous or alteration of Latin bulbosus (Wiktionary)