American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having a globelike shape; spheroid.
- n. A globe-shaped object.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Approaching a globular form; globe-shaped; spheroid.
- n. In botany, an amorphous or globular concretion of a double phosphate of calcium and magnesium, associated with the protein-crystals in protein-granules.
- From Latin globus, Old French globe + Ancient Greek εἶδος (eidos, "form, likeness"). (Wiktionary)
“The bill would add five lysosomol storage diseases to the newborn screening panel: Pompe disease or acid maltase deficiency; Krabbe disease or globoid cell leukodystrophy; Gaucher's disease; Niemann-Pick disease; and Fabry disease.”
“The pathological changes observed in GLD, including the presence of globoid cells (macrophages containing undigested galactosylceramide) in white matter, loss of oligodendrocytes and decreased myelin, appear to result from the toxic nature of psychosine and accumulation of galactosylceramide that cannot be degraded due to the GALC deficiency.”
‘globoid’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for globoid.