American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Orbicular.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- adj. spherical or circular; orbicular
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. That which is orbiculate; especially, a solid the vertical section of which is oval, and the horizontal section circular.
- adj. Made, or being, in the form of orb; having a circular, or nearly circular, or a spheroidal, outline.
- adj. circular or nearly circular
- From Latin orbiculātus, from orbiculus. (Wiktionary)
- Latin orbiculātus, from orbiculus, diminutive of orbis, circle, disk. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
These user-created lists contain the word ‘orbiculate’.
Discombobulate-enkindled 'ulate' words.
Adjectives meaning circular
Words in which the "-ate" suffix is used to mean "having," "resembling," "-like."
Panvocalics are words that contain all the vowels. Listed here are "euvocalics": words that have each of the five vowels only once. (These are also a kind of supervocalic.) Words that also have a "...
Looking for tweets for orbiculate.