American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Consisting of or similar to fur.
- adj. Covered with, wearing, or trimmed with fur.
- adj. Covered with a furlike substance.
- adj. Having a furlike quality, as in tone; fuzzy: a furry voice.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bearing fur; covered with fur.
- Consisting of fur or skins.
- Resembling fur.
- Coated with a deposit of fur. See fur, n., 4.
- n. A caterpillar.
- adj. Covered with fur, or with something resembling fur.
- adj. informal Having both animal and human characteristics; of or related to the furry subculture.
- n. An animal character with human characteristics; most commonly refers to such characters created by members of the furry subculture.
- n. slang A member of the furry fandom or subculture; a furfan.
- n. slang Someone who roleplays or describes themselves as being a furry character. (compare therianthrope)
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Covered with fur; dressed in fur.
- adj. Consisting of fur.
- adj. Resembling fur.
- adj. covered with a dense coat of fine silky hairs
“˜There is a possible world with furry donkeys™ goes to ˜furry donkeys are possible™.”
“The dogs, curled in furry balls, slept in the snow.”
“Let's say that your attic has become a home for certain furry creatures with long tails who cause most people to exclaim, "EEK!”
“Although it would have involved puppets or human beings in furry costumes standing in front of green screens, it would have been possible to make every single Pixar story as a live-action feature.”
“Featuring dreamy girls in furry brightly colored animal hats and helmets, dâ€ ™ Erricoâ€ ™ s artwork is Japanese and manga inspired, taking a traditional approach to it but also using European influences.”
“He is a long-time artist and is active in furry fandom.”
“There is a Dirty Harry-esque scene involving a dragon and Sam Vimes in furry slippers that was genious in its own way, and it is just another reason why these novels work.”
“He was already well-known in furry fandom for his thoughtful extrapolation of anthropomorphic societies when Chuck Melville and I commissioned him to create stories featuring his character Ironhand for our anthologies based on the Furkindred universe.”
“Guys in furry bunny suits jumping out of nowhere to take out hapless victims.”
“He is merely an innocent stander-by in furry trousers.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘furry’.
This is an experiment in public lists--something I've been thinking about for some time. The goal is to create a collection of short, powerful, evocative words.
This is an open list. A...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
The many textures of touch.
Interesting gene names. Some of these may have changed recently (to something less offensive/funny).
tinman, agnostic, dreadlocks, Van Gogh, fruitless, lava lamp, ariadne, cheap date, ken and barbie, I'm not dead yet, I'm not dead yet 2, manic fringe and 1192 more...
My big word list.
Hairy words. Much pilfered from G. Cook's Hairy list.
Looking for tweets for furry.