from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that deals in furs.
- n. One whose occupation is the dressing, designing, cleaning, or repairing of furs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who sells, makes, repairs, alters, cleans, or otherwise deals in clothing made of fur.
- adj. comparative form of furry: more furry
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A dealer in furs; one who makes or sells fur goods.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dealer in or a dresser of furs; one who makes or sells articles of wearing-apparel, etc., made of fur.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone whose occupation is making or repairing fur garments
Alteration (influenced by clothier) of Middle English furrer, from Anglo-Norman furrere, from Old French forrer, to line with fur; see fur.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)