from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One in the business of raising or selling flowers and ornamental plants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who sells flowers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cultivator of, or dealer in, flowers.
- n. One who writes a flora, or an account of plants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who cultivates flowers; one skilled in the raising of flowers; especially, one who raises flowers for sale.
- n. One who writes a flora or an account of plants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a shop where flowers and ornamental plants are sold
- n. someone who grows and deals in flowers
Latin flōs, flōr-, flower.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin floris ("genitive singular of flōs, flower"), + -ist. (Wiktionary)