from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who works in or tends a garden for pleasure or hire.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who gardens; one who grows plants or cultivates a garden.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes and tends a garden; a horticulturist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who cultivates a garden; specifically, one whose regular occupation or calling consists in laying out, cultivating, or tending gardens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone employed to work in a garden
- n. someone who takes care of a garden
to garden + -er (Wiktionary)