from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who drives a coach or carriage.
- n. An artificial fly used in angling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who drives a coach, a coach driver.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A man whose business is to drive a coach or carriage.
- n. A tropical fish of the Atlantic ocean (Dutes auriga); -- called also charioteer. The name refers to a long, lashlike spine of the dorsal fin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man who drives a coach.
- n. In ichthyology, a serranoid fish, Dules auriga: same as charioteer, 3.
- n. In angling, an artificial fly, named for a Herefordshire stage-coach driver who was famous as a fly-fisher. It is composed of a copper-colored peacock harl body, white swan or other white feather wings, and red cock-hackle.
- n. Same as coach-whip bird.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man who drives a coach (or carriage)
coach (horse-pulled carriage) + man (Wiktionary)