from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A maid who cleans and cares for bedrooms, as in a hotel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A maid who handles the chores in a bedroom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A maidservant who has the care of chambers, making the beds, sweeping, cleaning the rooms, etc.
- n. A lady's maid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A maid or female servant who dresses a lady and waits on her in her own room; a lady's-maid.
- n. A woman who has the care of chambers, making the beds and cleaning the rooms.
- n. A theatrical name for an actress who plays the more broadly comic parts; a soubrette.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a maid who is employed to clean and care for bedrooms (now primarily in hotels)
chamber + maid. (Wiktionary)