from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman who owns and rents land, buildings, or dwelling units.
- n. A woman who runs a rooming house or an inn; an innkeeper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Female landlord
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woman having real estate which she leases to a tenant or tenants.
- n. The mistress of an inn or lodging house.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A woman who owns houses or lands occupied by tenants.
- n. The wife of a squire or proprietor.
- n. The mistress of an inn or of a lodging-house or boarding-house.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a landlord who is a woman
Sorry, no etymologies found.