from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British Variant of neighbor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person living on adjacent or nearby land; a person situated adjacently or nearby; anything (of the same type of thing as the subject) in an adjacent or nearby position.
- v. To be adjacent to (more often used as neighbouring)
- v. To approach; to verge on.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Same as neighbor, neighboring, neighborhood, neighborly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. be located near or adjacent to
- v. live or be located as a neighbor
- n. a nearby object of the same kind
- n. a person who lives (or is located) near another
Having already removed the prejudices against public spirit, or the love of our neighbour, on the side of private interest and self-love, I proceed to the particular explanation of the precept before us, by showing, _Who is our neighbour_: _In what sense we are required to love him as ourselves_; _The influence such love would have upon our behaviour in life_; and lastly, _How this commandment comprehends in it all others_.
Moreover at another point Jesus gives a completely new definition of the term neighbour see on Luke 10.30-37.
This LaBeouf character gets put under house arrest and starts to suspect that his neighbour is a serial killer.
If my neighbour is a bum, I can slash his tires or cut his telephone lines.
One house rents at 500 USD, the neighbour is asking for the same house 900 USD ...
I don't think the neighbour is at fault this time.
Too many have been crying for a century that our neighbour is about to take us over.
Canada's unofficial national theatre would certainly not be the same were it not for our friendly neighbours to the South who misspell the word neighbour.
"So don't use the word 'neighbour,' this is just a 'hood'."
The question was harmless enough; and it appears by comparing Luke x. 27, 28, that it was an adjudged point among the lawyers, that the love of God and our neighbour is the great commandment, and the sum of all the rest, and
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.