American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having or exhibiting the qualities of a friendly neighbor.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Becoming a neighbor; kind; considerate: as, a neighborly attention.
- Cultivating familiar intercourse; interchanging visits; social: as, the people of the place are very neighborly.
- Synonyms Obliging, attentive, friendly.
- In the manner of a neighbor; with social attention and kindliness.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Appropriate to the relation of neighbors; having frequent or familiar intercourse; kind; civil; social; friendly.
- adj. exhibiting the qualities expected in a friendly neighbor
- neighbor + -ly (Wiktionary)
“It seems the perfect excuse to exchange pleasantries and engage in neighborly chit-chat not found in the basic Spanish section of your favorite tourist guide.”
“I’d think that such a concept would catch on better in urban, as opposed to suburban areas, but perhaps I’m underestimating suburbia … Interestingly, Uhl never mentions organics or permaculture, but I’d think these concepts would almost naturally spring from such relationships: how neighborly is it to throw chemicals on a shared plot of land …”
“Often described as neighborly, his work allows the interplay of humans by walking across a bridge or by gathering within a structure or a site (such as the plaza in New York City's Battery Park).”
“Being "neighborly" is, in this context, just another word for being realistic.”
“Business: The women agree that President Obama seemed to give two speeches in his "neighborly" visit to the business group that whupped him in 2010.”
“The group also called for both sides to establish "neighborly" relations by cooperating on technical issues to improve people's daily lives.”
“For me, those words were a guillotine ending forever whatever kind of neighborly relationship I might have otherwise entertained.”
“I have other experiences of the culture of this Valley that show me happier, more functional aspects of the culture: there's an ethic of dealnig with others with a kind of neighborly decency that shows something that works and supports human well-being in this traditionally rural area.”
“I will forever miss your "neighborly" visits to Red Lodge.”
“America is getting paranoid with good reason as we've let anything and everything in ... now we need to try and fix it while still keeping our "neighborly" attitude.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘neighborly’.
Words of 10 letters, all different, can be used for encrypting, pretty securely, such things as PINs and passwords. The fly in the ointment, for me, in keeping track of them is I've got to write '...
Looking for tweets for neighborly.