from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Generous in giving money or other help to the needy.
- adj. Mild or tolerant in judging others; lenient.
- adj. Of, for, or concerned with charity: a charitable organization. See Synonyms at benevolent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to charity.
- adj. Kind, generous.
- adj. Having a purpose or character of a charity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of love and good will; benevolent; kind.
- adj. Liberal in judging of others; disposed to look on the best side, and to avoid harsh judgment.
- adj. Liberal in benefactions to the poor; giving freely; generous; beneficent.
- adj. Of or pertaining to charity; springing from, or intended for, charity; relating to almsgiving; eleemosynary.
- adj. Dictated by kindness; favorable; lenient.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characterized by charity. Disposed to exhibit charity; disposed to supply the wants of others; benevolent and kind; beneficent.
- Pertaining to almsgiving or relief of the poor; springing from charity, or intended for charity: as, a charitable enterprise; a charitable institution.
- Lenient in judging of others; not harsh; favorable: as, a charitable judgment of one's conduct.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. full of love and generosity
- adj. relating to or characterized by charity
- adj. showing or motivated by sympathy and understanding and generosity
charity + -able (Wiktionary)