Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Disposed to melt or soften; feeling or showing tenderness; tender; compassionate.
- Adapted to melt or soften; affecting; moving: as, a melting speech.
- v. present participle of melt.
- adj. Which is melting, dissolving or liquefying.
- adj. Given over to strong emotion; tender; aroused; emotional, tearful.
- n. The process of changing the state of a substance from solid to liquid by heating it past its melting point
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Liquefaction; the act of causing (something) to melt, or the process of becoming melted.
- adj. Causing to melt; becoming melted; -- used literally or figuratively.
- n. the process whereby heat changes something from a solid to a liquid
- adj. becoming liquid
“The term melting pot didn't surface because we have remained separated by our nationalities, religions and general backgrounds.”
“But as for the people who live in the USA aren’t we made up of just about every nation on this planet; hence the term melting pot.”
“Foreclosures are running at an all time high and the homeless are melting from the 104 degree heat index.”
“I could almost feel my brain melting away … Epic. adapter rings”
“Glacial melting is following historical patterns ...”
“If we keep destroying the plants and tree environment the oxygen levels will drop while the polar caps ice melting is releasing more methane into the atmosphere.”
“Satellite and ice measurements show the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets are losing mass at an increasing rate, and mountain glacier melting is accelerating;”
“YouTube, that incandescent tower of video Babel; monument to the sloughed-off detritus of our exponentially-exploding digital culture; a Technicolor cataract of skateboarding dogs, lip-synching college students, political punditry, and porn; has reached the zenith of its meteoric rise; and Icarus-like, wings melting; is spiraling back to earth.”
“In Toronto at least, the heat has swung a full 180 degrees from last week's rainy and cold dreariness to a hot, humid, skin melting climate.”
“The present melting is not the result of “environmental damage caused by man.””
These user-created lists contain the word ‘melting’.
words describing slow action or movement
( open list, randomness, descriptive )
Powers revealed so far on the show Heroes
I first heard this sung by Bob Hallett of Great Big Sea, though I know several other artists recorded it first.
Did you ever have colcannon made with lovely pickled cream
Looking for tweets for melting.