from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of becoming liquid; melting.
- n. The wasting-away of parts of the body; consumption.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A melting together; the act of melting; fusion.
- n. A processive wasting or melting away of the solid parts of the animal system with copious excretions of liquids by one or more passages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of melting; fusion; a melting or fusing together.
- n. In old medicine, a wasting away of solid parts, accompanied by an excessive excretion of fluids.
Sorry, no etymologies found.