from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of warm.
- n. A small rise in temperature.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from warm, v.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who warms; specifically, in silver-plating, the heating of the object to be plated until it causes a slight hissing when immersed in water.
- n. A castigation; a thrashing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of becoming warmer; a rising temperature
- n. warm weather following a freeze; snow and ice melt
- adj. imparting heat
- adj. producing the sensation of heat when applied to the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.