from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having heating or warming effects
- n. A medical agent or substance which produces a feeling of warmth when applied to the body.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Making warm; heating.
- n. A substance that excites warmth in the parts to which it is applied, as mustard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Warming; heating.
- n. That which warms or heats; in medicine, a substance which excites a sensation of warmth in the part to which it is applied, as mustard, pepper, etc.; a superficial stimulant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. producing the sensation of heat when applied to the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.