from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In progress, happening.
- n. The process of preparing food by using heat.
- n. The process of preparing food.
- n. The result of that process, a meal.
- n. The style or genre of food preparation; cookery.
- v. Present participle of cook.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the practice or manner of preparing food or the food so prepared; cookery.
- n. the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat
From cook + -ing. The noun and adjective follow from the verb. (Wiktionary)