from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An engagement, as for a performance by an entertainer.
- n. A reservation, as for accommodations at a hotel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of book.
- n. The act or process of writing something down in (a) book(s), e.g. in accounting
- n. A reservation for a service, such as accommodation in an hotel.
- n. The engagement of a performer for a particular performance.
- n. The issuing of a caution which is usually written down in a book, and results in a yellow card or (after two bookings) a red card, that is to say, the player is sent from the field of play.
- n. The process of photographing, fingerprinting and recording identifying data of a suspect following arrest.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of engaging or securing beforehand (by registry or payment) a box or seat at the opera, a passage on a steamer or train, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. employment for performers or performing groups that lasts for a limited period of time
- n. the act of reserving (a place or passage) or engaging the services of (a person or group)
Pretty soon the only place ole Axis Annie here will be able to get a booking is at a well financed compound in northern Idaho.
But it all went wrong when the unnamed company sent a stripper dressed as a policewoman instead of a "gorillagram"in what it called a booking error.... full article ...is that no one was suspended.
Now moving onto the customer segments where the discussion is on a global basis as measured by orders for what we call booking from year over year and at times sequentially.
If you are interested in booking a space please contact BookBrowse with your name, book title and the month (s) you are interested in, and we will reply to confirm availability, at which point you can decide if you wish to book.
All of his booking is handled by Chris Garlock, union coordinator and chief rat wrangler.
When a company or group was interested in booking a speaker they coordinated with an agent and were sent bios and videos of potential matches to their needs (the client was responsible for providing the video – make it a good quality video, that can make a huge difference).
Didn't they realize that she did a lot of the unappreciated grunt work in booking venues and stuff that, too?
Ray surrendered to authorities and was taken into custody at the sheriff's Prescott office to begin booking procedures.
Anyone every watch a Palin booking signing on Youtube.
She called her booking agent in Milan and informed her that she had finally hit bottom and was seeking help.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.