American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Something on which sound or visual images have been recorded.
- n. A recorded sound or picture.
- v. present participle of record.
- n. A reproduction of sound and/or video, stored in a permanent medium.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Keeping a record or a register; ; -- applied to numerous instruments with an automatic appliance which makes a record of their action.
- n. a signal that encodes something (e.g., picture or sound) that has been recorded
- n. a storage device on which information (sounds or images) have been recorded
- n. the act of making a record (especially an audio record)
“They live up to the meaning of the word recording, to make a permanent record of your thoughts and ideas.”
“If the recording is available, all you have to do is check the price, punt that amount into my Paypal account via the Donate button, and let me know the title of the work you want.”
“Kristin .... you can forget about the fear of pronouncing & recording a French word containing a French "r" - as you mentioned last time.”
“The meta coordinator for this recording is aware of this and has responded by removing the offending material as soon as it was brought to her attention.”
“JillySP live-blogged the show over at Hipsters United, and reports that the recording is amazing.”
“Kristin.... you can forget about the fear of pronouncing & recording a French word containing a French "r" - as you mentioned last time.”
“Audio Broadcast Flag p2pnet. net News: - Five music organizations want the FCC to compel broadcasters to pay artists a public performance royalty every time a recording is aired.”
“A great opera recording is a work of art in and of itself, and I would hate to lose that.”
“The Bélis recording uses anachronistically modern vocal styles and makes little attempt to contextualize the music, and the Paniagua recording is a highly impressionistic rendering by a musician with no training in the classics.”
“Alternately, begin recording oral or video histories about things, people, places and events you want to see saved for the future.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘recording’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Very basic words for ESL students.
The vocabulary of conference interpreting. I commend this list to those who want to know more about the profession and to those who wish to organize their knowledge about the profession. To aspirin...
Looking for tweets for recording.