from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something on which sound or visual images have been recorded.
- n. A recorded sound or picture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of record.
- n. A reproduction of sound and/or video, stored in a permanent medium.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Keeping a record or a register; ; -- applied to numerous instruments with an automatic appliance which makes a record of their action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a signal that encodes something (e.g., picture or sound) that has been recorded
- n. a storage device on which information (sounds or images) have been recorded
- n. the act of making a record (especially an audio record)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
They live up to the meaning of the word recording, to make a permanent record of your thoughts and ideas.
If the recording is available, all you have to do is check the price, punt that amount into my Paypal account via the Donate button, and let me know the title of the work you want.
Kristin .... you can forget about the fear of pronouncing & recording a French word containing a French "r" - as you mentioned last time.
The meta coordinator for this recording is aware of this and has responded by removing the offending material as soon as it was brought to her attention.
JillySP live-blogged the show over at Hipsters United, and reports that the recording is amazing.
Kristin.... you can forget about the fear of pronouncing & recording a French word containing a French "r" - as you mentioned last time.
Audio Broadcast Flag p2pnet. net News: - Five music organizations want the FCC to compel broadcasters to pay artists a public performance royalty every time a recording is aired.
A great opera recording is a work of art in and of itself, and I would hate to lose that.
The Bélis recording uses anachronistically modern vocal styles and makes little attempt to contextualize the music, and the Paniagua recording is a highly impressionistic rendering by a musician with no training in the classics.
Alternately, begin recording oral or video histories about things, people, places and events you want to see saved for the future.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.