from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Decorative cord, often wrapped in colored fabric or foil
- n. The resultant decoration, or the act of decorating with cording
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The ribbed surface of a corded fabric. See corded, 4.
- n. In a loom, the arrangement of the treadles so that they move in such clusters and time as may be required for the production of the pattern.
- n. In sewing-machine work, the stitching, with special machines, of cords on cloaks, corsets, uniforms, and other garments.
Sorry, no etymologies found.