Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Wooden boards collectively.
- n. Boards put together, as in a fence or a floor.
- n. The operation of rubbing leather with a pommel or graining-board to make it granular and supple, after it has been shaved, daubed, and dried.
- n. The act of entering a ship, especially by assault.
- n. The practice of obtaining one's food, or both food and lodging, in the home of another, for a stipulated charge.
- v. present participle of board.
- n. the act of people getting aboard a ship or aircraft; embarkation
- n. the act of a sailor or boarding party attacking an enemy ship
- n. a structure made of boards
- n. riding a skateboard
- n. ice hockey a penalty called for pushing into the boards
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Naut.) The act of entering a ship, whether with a hostile or a friendly purpose.
- n. The act of covering with boards; also, boards, collectively; or a covering made of boards.
- n. The act of supplying, or the state of being supplied, with regular or specified meals, or with meals and lodgings, for pay.
- n. a structure of boards
- n. the act of passengers and crew getting aboard a ship or aircraft
“Synonymous in many people's minds with the term "boarding school," this bastion of Britishness, founded in 1440, remains a school for boys, unlike many former single-sex schools.”
“He recalls being awakened each morning at about eight in boarding school with a breakfast of a sweet roll and a cup of steaming hot chocolate, served in bed, whose caffeine content propelled him toward the next meal, brunch, served at about ten.”
“And I made myself many kinds of spectators, from crabbed old maids and lean pantaloons to girls in boarding school and Greek boys of thousands of years ago.”
“For instance, the Washington fifth grader (Anthony) is one 61 applicants waiting for 24 spaces that will open up in boarding school.”
“Water boarding is torture, no matter what your party platform says.”
“Water boarding is designed to gain intelligence, so when we get it, we call it a day and go to the chow hall.”
“Lesion of Horror@136 said, water boarding is NOT torture.”
“People have told me of Catholic brothers in boarding schools coming to the dormitory a few nights a week and calling for boys.”
“Water boarding is not as bad as its cracked up to be, I was waterboarded several time for training purposes in the Army.”
“Paddle boarding is a fantastic workout that involves STANDING on what looks like a large surfboard and using a single ore to glide across the water.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘boarding’.
"House" words and phrases, literal and figurative. If another word comes before "house" in the phrase, it's listed on its own; if the phrase starts with "house," I've listed the part that comes aft...
Looking for tweets for boarding.