American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or an instance of the supplying of documents or supporting references or records.
- n. The documents or references so supplied.
- n. The collation, synopsizing, and coding of printed material for future reference.
- n. Computer Science The organized collection of records that describe the structure, purpose, operation, maintenance, and data requirements for a computer program, operating system, or hardware device.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Instruction; teaching.
- n. The preparation of records or documents for use or for filing.
- n. Formal or authoritative instruction.
- n. Something transposed from a thought to a document; the written account of an idea.
- n. computing Documents that explain the operation of a particular software program.
- n. confirmation that some fact or statement is true through the use of documentary evidence
- n. documentary validation
- n. program listings or technical manuals describing the operation and use of programs
“Last spring, I was part of what we called our "documentation committee," a committee formed to thoroughly examine the version of school's charter application that was current at that time.”
“This documentation is added to the snippet like this:”
“It just launched today, so the documentation is a bit sketchy, but it looks very interesting so far.”
“Furthering what has become a reality show of a different sort, the Salahis said they would share what they called documentation of their White House invitation in the coming days.”
“Anyone know what kind of documentation is required for a presidentail pardon?”
“Fidelity executives said they do not anticipate having to pay claims anyway, even if a court sets aside a foreclosure due to a defect in documentation or process.”
“The lack of documentation is regrettable and annoying, but true.”
“He says inadequate documentation is a major reason for claims being stalled.”
“How would you like to plan a vacation, maybe take time off of work (if that exists) put the dog in the kennal etc.etc. go to the airport .... then end up watching your plane leave as the airline personal try to find out if your documentation is ok?”
“Worldbumphing: Faux documentation incorporated into the narrative, (as in a song,) or into the text, (as in a quote from a fictive scripture within the fictive milieu,) adds to the mimetic weft where such documentation is in a familiar form, (e.g. song or scripture,) but also serves to elucidate the milieu.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘documentation’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Use these and get promoted
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
The vocabulary of scientific paper submission
Looking for tweets for documentation.