from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Downward movement of inflated prices to a more normal level.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A decrease in the inflation rate.
- n. Deflation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a reduction in the rate of price increases; a lessening of inflationary pressure.
- n. a reduction of the value of a currency in international exchange markets caused by a government; -- usually done as a means to improve the country's international balance of payments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a reduction of prices intended to improve the balance of payments
dis- + inflation (Wiktionary)