from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Formulation and application of measures designed to protect public health.
- n. Disposal of sewage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The hygienic disposal or recycling of waste.
- n. The policy and practice of protecting health through hygienic measures.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of rendering sanitary; the science of sanitary conditions; the preservation of health; the use of sanitary measures; hygiene.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The practical application of knowledge and science to the preservation of health; the putting and keeping in a sanitary condition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. making something sanitary (free of germs) as by sterilizing
- n. the state of being clean and conducive to health
sanit(ary) + -ation.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From sanitary + -ation (Wiktionary)