from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The science and art of cultivating, maintaining, and developing forests.
- n. The management of a forestland.
- n. A forestland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The science of planting and growing trees in forests.
- n. The art and practice of planting and growing trees in forests.
- n. The art and practice of cultivating, exploiting and renewing forests for commercial purposes.
- n. Commercial tree farming.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art of forming or of cultivating forests; the management of growing timber.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of forming or of cultivating forests, or of managing growing timber.
- n. Forestage; the privileges of a royal forest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the science of planting and caring for forests and the management of growing timber
Sorry, no etymologies found.
We must not forget that the export trade in forestry is what has kept the industry alive and without the export trade it will be difficult to get government to. put the money into our forests.
It's like talking about my sexual attraction to trees; it doesn't exist; forestry is an asexual topic to me.
But it also envisions renewed efficiency efforts, improved regional planning to reduce sprawl, more installation of distributed solar power on rooftops, changes in forestry and water-distribution practices, and so on.
Tropical forestry is dominated by big companies close to some of the most corrupt governments on earth, who treat people like dirt after promising them "development" in return for cutting the trees down.
There's a common perception among development groups that forestry is best left to environment groups, and need not be tackled by people involved in poverty reduction.
Prior to 1994, Mann Gulch meant the worst disaster in forestry's firefighting history.
If all these trends were allowed to continue freely, long-term forestry in Sri Lanka could be in crisis.
He also rejected argument by the National Party's Maans Nel, who said the NP would not support the bill because of a clause providing for existing long-term forestry contracts to be terminated.
University where I majored in forestry and was a member of the Delta Theta
Babcock graduated from college with a degree in forestry and was anxious to get home and get on with his career.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.