from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The science and art of cultivating, maintaining, and developing forests.
- n. The management of a forestland.
- n. A forestland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The science of planting and growing trees in forests.
- n. The art and practice of planting and growing trees in forests.
- n. The art and practice of cultivating, exploiting and renewing forests for commercial purposes.
- n. Commercial tree farming.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art of forming or of cultivating forests; the management of growing timber.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of forming or of cultivating forests, or of managing growing timber.
- n. Forestage; the privileges of a royal forest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the science of planting and caring for forests and the management of growing timber
Sorry, no etymologies found.